Who Can Join?
Credit unions are formed within a common bond—whether it’s occupational, organizational, or geographical. Employees, residents and members of the following organizations may join DGEFCU. Immediate family members and household members of those eligible for membership may also join DGEFCU as well as retirees, pensioners or annuitants of these organizations.
- District of Columbia Government employees and others paid by the DC Disbursing Officer* www.dc.gov
- District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency www.dchfa.org
- National Capital Housing Authority/Department of Housing and Community Development www.dchousing.org
- Individuals who live, work or worship in the communities of Adams Morgan, Mount Pleasant and Columbia Heights.
- Businesses, other legal entities, associations, religious, and other non-profit organizations located in Adams Morgan, Mt. Pleasant and Columbia Heights.
- Bank on DC Participants https://dgefcu.org/dcs-credit-union/community/bank-on-dc
- Maryland & DC Credit Union Association https://www.mddccua.org
- Mi Casa, Inc www.micasainc.org
- Hillcrest Family Center www.hillcrest–dc.org
- American Income Life Insurance Company www.ailife.com
- Black Entertainment Television www.bet.com
- Passport Toyota, Marlow Heights, MD
- Members of Saint Augustine Catholic Parish in Washington, DC www.saintaugustine–dc.org
- Member of CASA de Maryland in Hyattsville, MD http://wearecasa.org/
- Members of organizations of the above groups.
*Some restrictions apply. Call us at 877-784-5551 for more details.
Bank on DC Participants
Bank on DC is a joint effort between the District Government’s Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED), financial institutions, and non-profits to provide access to financial services and products to unbanked and under-banked households in the DC Metro Area. Learn more