Who Can Join?
Credit unions are formed within a common bond—whether it’s occupational, organizational, or geographical. Members can join DGEFCU through the following organizations.
- District of Columbia Government employees and others paid by the DC Disbursing Officer
- Exceptions: employees of the District Board of Education, the District Board of Higher Education, and the District Board of Vocational Education.
- Black Entertainment Television (Emerge, YSB and Radio Magazines, BET International Holdings, BET Direct and ACTION).
- District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency
- The Martin Agency
- American Income Life Insurance Company
- National Capital Housing Authority/Department of Housing and Community Development
- Passport Toyota, Marlow Heights, MD.
- Mi CASA.
- Maryland & DC Credit Union Association.
- Members of Saint Augustine Catholic Parish in Washington, DC.
- Residents and regularly employed persons in the communities of Adams Morgan, Mount Pleasant and Columbia Heights.
- Businesses, other legal entities, associations, religious, and other non-profit organizations located within the Adams Morgan/Mt. Pleasant/Columbia Heights community boundaries.
- Retirees and pensioners or annuitants from the above employers.
- Members of any eligible person’s immediate family or household.
- Organizations of such persons.
Bank on DC Participants
Bank on DC is a joint effort between the District Government’s Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED), financial institutions, and non-profits to provide access to financial services and products to unbanked and under-banked households in the DC Metro Area. Learn more