How to Join
Spend a Few Minutes and Save for a Lifetime
Credit union membership can save you money on loans and services. Make your money work for you with higher dividends and an array of savings vehicles. And make life easier with convenient access and educational opportunities.
You can apply online or by mail via the steps below or stop by any of our branches.
Membership also comes with enrollment into our “ID ResCU” program that protects you from identity theft.
Apply for Membership Securely Online
- Complete the application as prompted.
- Accept the terms and submit.
- A DGEFCU representative will review your application. Your signature is required for your protection, so we will forward the forms that must be signed along with other important account information. We may contact you directly if there are additional questions.
Apply in Person or by Mail:
- Print and complete the Member Account Agreement
- A check or money order for at least $5
- Two forms of identification including a copy of one government issued ID
(example: drivers license, passport, school ID)
- Your Social Security Number/Taxpayer Identification Number
Drop by any of DGEFCU’s convenient branch locations or mail it to:
2000 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009
As a part of your membership with DGEFCU, you will be automatically enrolled in ID ResCUe, a 24/7 comprehensive identity theft restoration service.
With ID ResCU, you’ll receive assistance to respond, recover and restore from an identity theft situation. Service includes:
- Assigned identity theft advocate.
- Assistance with reporting to law enforcement.
- A recovery kit ready for signatures.
- Coordination with agencies and creditors.
- Confirmation of complete recovery in writing.
- Monitoring and auditing of your case.
This is comprehensive and invaluable service is made available to DGEFCU members for only $2 a month deducted automatically from your share account. To decline this benefit and its associated fee, complete the Member Account Benefit Selection form and mail to the Reeves Center location above, drop it off at any branch, or call us at 877-784-5551.