Providing Access to All Members
Almost 20 years ago DGEFCU decided to demonstrate its commitment to serving all Ward One residents. The credit union joined with two more local credit unions to create the region’s first Spanish-language branch–ACCESO.
At the time, the increasing Latino population had almost no access to reasonably priced financial services–especially domestic and international wire transfers.
ACCESO provides affordable, safe and friendly financial products and services including:
- Bilingual Staff
- Flexible identification requirements so you can open a savings with just $5 and avoid expensive check cashers. (Foreign ID Accepted.)
- Checking accounts and mortgage loans.
- Educational programs to help members prepare to get a home loan or start a business.
- Ways to establish a solid credit history based on timely rent and utility payments.
- International wire transfers that cost less much less than Western Union, MoneyGram, or other money transfer companies.
- Free tax preparation during tax time.
The ACCESO Branch is open evenings and Saturdays.
3059 Mount Pleasant Street in N.W. Washington, DC
Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.